CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bottle 1000mg CBD Oil
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the brown and granulated (white) sugar.
- Slightly soften the butter by placing it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and mix well. Note: An electric mixer is preferred but not a requirement.
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt (with a spoon).
- Take the flour mixture plus chocolate chips and dump it into the large mixing bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Add 8 full droppers of the 1000mg CBD Tincture Oil and mix until fully blended.
- Slightly grease a cookie sheet with butter or cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into 36 balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Increase or decrease the amount of full droppers. In this recipe we used 8 full droppers.
- Increase or decrease the size of the cookies. If you make the cookies larger, the CBD mg content per cookie will increase.
- Use a different potency of CBD oil. In this recipe we used a 1000mg CBD Oil bottle.
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies FAQ
In short, CBD cookies will not get you high. This is because CBD does not contain enough THC, the psychoactive compound found in cannabis.
Yes, CBD will start to lose effectiveness at a temperature of 320°F. Therefore, we suggest you keep the temperature at 300°F or less. This can make baking with CBD more difficult as most baking recipes require a temperature of 350°F or more.
CBD can be used in baking by either:
- Adding CBD oil to an existing recipe.
- Mix CBD isolate (aka CBD crystals) with a small amount of oil or butter. We like to use MCT oil but other oils such as coconut oil, canola oil, pure olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil.
Yes, any CBD oil can be added to coffee. There have been some reports that CBD can reduce the side effects of coffee such as anxiety and nausesness.
In short, Cannabutter can contain CBD, but it doesn't always have it. Cannabutter typically contains THC, but this isn't always the case. Cannabutter can be purchased or made homemade so it really depends on how it was made.